"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Thursday, April 22, 2010

Baby Bib / Onsie Decorating

Photobucket

When I hosted a baby shower I needed decorations and an activity. This worked great for both!!
I had decorated a pack of onsies myself and hung them up before guests came. Then left supplies out on the table for them to use to decorate bibs. They all had lots of fun and there were some very cute and origional ideas on the bibs once all was decorated!

Photobucket

Photobucket

What you need:

Plastic table cloth at the party to keep the paint mess down.
Soft fabric paint
Onsies or bibs
Clothes pins and string to hang them up to dry and to use for decorations for the baby shower.
Foam stamps or ink stamps
Paint brush
Butter dish lid for holding paint
paper grocery sacks
I considered using ribbon to decorate the edge of the clothes pins to add some extra color but ran out of time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

How I did it:

Put paper grocery sacks inside the onsies to keep the paint from going through to the other side. For bibs you don't need the sacks.
Use the paint brush to apply paint to stamps to keep them from getting too globbed up. If they get too much paint on them the design does not show right and the projects take too long to dry.
Go for it an have fun!




Photobucket

To hang ours we hung a string across from window to window using suction cup snap hooks. Worked great and people loved the decorations!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment