"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Monday, July 19, 2010

BIG Feet!

Photobucket

What you need:
Cardboard
Marker
Paint
Exacto Knife (or scissors)
Box Tape

How:
Trace a large foot shapes onto cardboard and use exacto knife to cut them out.
Cut out some strips that are 3" by 15"
Photobucket

Photobucket


Paint your cardboard pieces anyway you want, we used some spray glitter too!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Have your child stand on the foot and draw a 3" line on each side of their foot.
Using exacto knife cut on these lines.

Photobucket

Push your cardboard strip into the slits. The straps should cross over eachother on the bottom of the foot. Check to see if they fit and trim extra off.

Photobucket

Use tape on the bottom to secure strap ends together and to the cardboard foot.

Photobucket

There you have it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This idea I found at WhiMSyLove

Want a book to go along with your project? How about this one. We read this the night before I found this cute project.
Photobucket

The kids worked on their tracing skills, I only cut out one foot then had them use it as a pattern to trace the other.

Photobucket

Older Kids Activity: After they make their BIG feet, have them run a relay race down around an object and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment