"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Monday, December 20, 2010

"Recycle/Reuse" Melted Snoman Ornament

Photobucket


We went out to a restaurant last night for dinner and brought home our leftovers in Styrofoam containers. I was just about to toss them in the garbage when I remembered I had seen a melted snowman ornament idea here.

Well they are cute, but I wanted something my kids could make and the hot melted glue from a glue gun for a body wouldn't work. So when I saw the Styrofoam I knew that I could make this a project for my 1 and 3 year old, and recycle too.

Photobucket


I cut out wiggly circle shapes from the take out boxes, and we used black duct tape eyeballs, green electrical tape for a scarf, brown paper sack for arms, and the tip of a cable tie for a carrot nose.

Photobucket



Use what you've got I always say. Fun quick little project for the boys today. They had fun sticking and gluing their parts on wherever they wanted.

Photobucket



Photobucket

Linked up here:
Katie's Nesting Spot

No comments:

Post a Comment