"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Friday, January 28, 2011

Valentine Pencil Love Bugs, DIY Valentines


Photobucket

My daughter's Valentines party is coming up soon and there was request to have a valentines craft project for the party. So today I started to brainstorm. I can think of TONS of ideas, but many are so girl themed that it is hard to find something both girls and boys would like.

With so much pink around a guy can get kind of scared. So why not add something that generally scares girls too.

BUGS!

What you need:
Paint Swatches
Hole punch
Pencils
Pipe cleaner or feathers
Pen or marker
Scissors (to trim down the paint swatch)
Wiggle eyes


I seriously considered letting the kids paint rocks like bugs, but picturing wet painted rocks traveling home in backpacks put a stop to that. So I decided to look at other free objects I had. When I went down to find my pink and red paper, I spotted my leftover paint swatches from the craft project post just before this one. So I went to work using them to create some sort of bug.

So here is what I came up with.

Photobucket


Of course the obvious fold lines work well for 5 and 6 year olds.

Photobucket

I just may have enough feathers, or I will run and get some red pipe cleaners.

No comments:

Post a Comment